Sidor

fredag 3 april 2020

Corona dreams

CW/TW: Needles. 

Dreams, yo. Aren't they fascinating? Whether it is a deep, dark, terrifying nightmare or a dream about you going to school sans pants, they are surely a mirror into the depths of our mind.

Thus, it is not surprising that our minds go haywire come nightfall nowadays, considering that the fucking apocalypse is at our doorstep. Yes, this is about the coronavirus (which, for clarity's sake, I do NOT claim to be a sign of the actual apocalypse, nor do I believe it to be so: Stay at home, wash your hands and listen to the medical expertise and we will all be fine), and about the dreams I have been having these past few nights.

I have been caught in an apartment with a person I used to know but no longer am in contact with. In my dream, this person had corona, and they infected me as well. In that dream, I finally managed to escape but I left my Will behind. That part is still bothering me to this day.

In another dream, I had my teeth shattered and broken, and I felt them fall out of my mouth. I awoke with a feeling of unease, and it lingered throughout the day.

I have found that drawing my thoughts help. Like this, which is about a dream where I met the devil


And lastly, this night I was in the army. I dream about being in the army a lot, mainly because of some still unresolved trauma from when I was conscripted, but this night was different.

I lay at an operating table, tied to the sides with leather handcuffs. Hovering above me was my sergeant (this dream-sergeant was not based on a real person), holding a massive needle in his hand. He was laughing, coming ever closer, and I knew that I was about to be lobotomized.

I begged him and pleaded to please, please, anaesthetize me, and finally, he caved in. He took the operating table, with me still on it, and brought me to the doctor (again; not based on a real person), who prepared the cannula. Hysteric, I asked if I could please go to the bathroom beforehand, and my wish was granted. I went there, eager to escape but unsure how to do that, and that was when I awoke.

This last dream convinced me that I should do some shadow work, to try resolving the trauma that the military service inflicted upon me.

1 kommentar:

  1. Det där med tänderna är verkligen så spot on med hur det är just nu! Att tappa tänder i drömmar står ju för förändring i nästan 100% av fallen, och att de krossades sådär är ju lite som.. well, hela grejen med corona right now. Det kom som en käftsmäll, en enormt kraftig förändring. Stay safe, Freddi! <3

    SvaraRadera